The church devoted to Holy Transfiguration of God, located in the center of Sokobanja, was built in 1892, in the Serbian-byzantine style. It was built by Italian builders according to the drawings of architect Svetozar Ivackovic, while the author of the iconostasis is unknown. Initiator for the church to be built and a great donor was nthe head of the Serbian church Mr Mihajlo, who was born in Sokobanja. There is his bust in the port of the church. Besides the church, he built the primary school in 1894, and he founded the first ecological society, in 1895, named „Society for Improving an Embellishing Sokobanja and its Surrounding“.